One of my favorite places to visit for inspiration is Kara's (KandRDesigns) Friday Inspiration File. And she is celebrating her 200th week of posts with a challenge. Click here to find out the details. You can select any pin in any of the files for inspiration and create a project. I needed a masculine sympathy card and had been really struggling finding something special when I came across this card by Jill Foster in Kara's file.
I used a tree stamp from PTI's Through the Trees and embossed it with gold embossing powder on some watercolor paper. Sorry the glittery gold doesn't show up well. Koi watercolors were used for the subtle background. The sentiment is from Altenew's Ori Kami and is one of my favorites for sympathy cards. The layer of green cardstock is WPlus9's Green Acres.
I enjoyed my review of Kara's files so much, even though I didn't make a dent in visiting all the wonderful inspiration projects. I have started a list of some I want to CASE. This will really help me get back into the stamping routine that I have been missing so much in 2014! Thanks, Kara!!
Thanks for letting me share,
Sharron

6 comments:
You picked a great one. Jill's card is beautiful and so is yours!! What a beautiful scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining me!!
Sharron, this is absolutely stunning. Love those trees in gold. Your watercoloring is amazing. Love how you painted some above and below the bottoms of the trees. It really looks amazing. Agree with you on that Orikami sentiment--it's one of my faves for sympathy as well. So glad you are planning on doing some more stamping this year. I'd like to see it all.
Oh, Sharron this is such a peaceful and gorgeous sympathy card. I love your watercolor skyline and the grass so beautiful! I love Kara’s inspiration file too!
Oh, wow, I'm glad I took the time to see this post, too, Sharron. Your CASE is stunning! Now it's going in MY to-CASE folder! Honestly, it is perfection!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your works of art in 2015!! Hugs, Darnell
Beautiful card, thanks for the inspiration!
Another stunning card. Really beautiful and what a wonderful scene.
Post a Comment